As a NACFB member acorn.finance is committed to providing a professional and personal service to all our customers. In the event that you reasonably feel that we are failing to match that commitment we have established in house procedures which give you the opportunity to tell us, to discuss your complaint with us and, if not satisfied, to direct it to the Association’s Complaints Committee and the Financial Ombudsman Service for complaints which are eligible to be heard by him.
We take all complaints seriously and will deal with your complaint in the following manner;
- If you make an oral complaint, our written acknowledgement will set out our understanding of your complaint.
- Within 3 working days send you a letter acknowledging the complaint which will request you to confirm our understanding or clarify the complaint sufficiently for it to be investigated.
- Open a file for your complaint within 2 working days.
- Within 5 working days of your confirmatory reply start to investigate your complaint and within 10 working days invite you to meet, or arrange a telephone discussion with, either the owner of the Firm or the officer nominated to deal with complaints, with a view to resolving the complaint as quickly as possible.
- If we have reasonable grounds to be satisfied that another firm may be solely or jointly responsible for the allegation(s) made, we will promptly forward the complaint or the relevant part of it to that firm. We will write to you to confirm our actions and provide contact details of the firm concerned.
- Within 3 working days of that meeting/discussion send you a Final Decision Letter addressing your concerns and providing you with our decision.
- Where we are unable to provide you with our Final Decision Letter, we will send you confirmation of this in writing along with an explanation as to why we have been unable to complete our investigations within this time scale. We will confirm when you can next expect contact from us.
- Where we are still unable to complete our investigations within 8 weeks of your complaint, we will send confirmation of this in writing along with an explanation as to why we have been unable to complete our investigations within this time scale. We will confirm when you can next expect contact from us. At this stage, you may be entitled to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service (see below for more details)
- In the event that the response does not resolve the complaint to your satisfaction, offer you the opportunity to direct that the complaint be referred to the Chief Executive of the Association at;
- 33 Eastcheap, London, EC3M 1DT
- He/she will
- Acknowledge receipt of the complaint within 5 working days.
- Refer it (within that time) to the Chairman of the Complaints Committee
- Advise you of his response (which may include upholding the Member’s decision). If appropriate, he will then advise you of the procedures, including appeal, and timescales, which will govern the consideration of your complaint by the Committee.
Complaints eligible to be considered by the Financial Ombudsman Service
Complaints made by clients who are considered eligible under FCA DISP 2.7 (generally consumers, micro enterprises, some charities and some trusts) will have the opportunity to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service.
You will be provided with a leaflet at this point.
The Financial Ombudsman Service can be contacted at;
South Quay Plaza, 183 Marsh Wall, London, E14 9SR,
Telephone 0845 080 1800.
We shall deem the matter closed when;
Our investigation has been completed and a Final Decision Letter has been sent to you, or;
Where you have indicated, in writing, acceptance of any earlier response, where appropriate.