Acorn.finance & Acorn.mortgage – Initial Disclosure Document
Our registered address is – 4th Floor, Silverstream House, 45 Fitzroy Street, London. W1T 6EB
Initial Disclosure Document (IDD) about our services and our costs
About our services
- What products do we offer?
We offer a wide range of commercial financial products including:
Leasing and Asset, commercial mortgages, bridging loans, property development finance, buy to lets, Cashflow finance, residential mortgages and equity release products.
- Whose products do we offer?
- We offer a comprehensive range of commercial financial solutions from across the market. We have a small list of lenders we do not offer from, please ask us about this list.
- Which service will we provide you?
- We will advise and make a recommendation for you after we have assessed your needs.
- If you prefer to make your own choice about how to proceed, which product and provider you require, then please discuss that with your advisor.
- What will you have to pay us for our service?
- Administration Fee – An administration fee when our terms of business is accepted by you.
- Arrangement fee – An Arrangement fee of between 1% and 5% of the Advance Amount within 14 days of the date of the Finance offer.
We may receive Commission from the Lender as well as receiving Fees separately from You; for the avoidance of doubt these sums are subject to the terms of Our arrangements with the Lender who pays that Commission.
You are aware that We are required to disclose the nature of Commission in Our communications, as well as when making a recommendation to You. The existence and nature of Commission arrangements where the Commission varies depending on the Lender, product or other permissible factors will always be disclosed. The disclosure will also cover how the arrangements could affect Our recommendations to You. Such disclosures will be made in Our Suitability Letter issued to You.
- Who regulates us?
- The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)
- The FCA is the independent watchdog that regulates financial services. This document is designed by the FCA to be given to consumers, considering buying certain financial products, to decide if our services are right for you.
- The National Association of Commercial Finance Brokers (NACFB)
- The NACFB is a voluntary trade body which regulates (voluntarily) commercial finance brokers.
Acorn.finance, registered at 4th Floor, Silverstream House, 45 Fitzroy Street, London. W1T 6EB. Authorised and Regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Our FCA registration number is 660207. You can check via www.register.fca.org.
Acorn.finance is a member of the National Association of Commercial Finance Brokers (NACFB). We adopt a strict Code of Practice and Minimum Standards set by the Association. You can check Our membership status by contacting the NACFB on this link. (nacfb.org)
- What to do if you have a complaint?
If you wish to register a complaint, please contact us.
- In writing: Paul Thompson, Acorn.finance, 4th Floor, Silverstream House, 45 Fitzroy Street, London. W1T 6EB
- By telephone: 01904 693700
A copy of our complaint’s procedure was sent along with our disclosure document. If you cannot settle your complaint with us, you may be entitled to refer it to the Financial Ombudsman Service. Address: Financial Ombudsman Service, Exchange Tower, London, E14 9SR. Contact: 0800 0234567, 0300 1239123. Website: www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk
- Are we covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS)?
Your transaction may be covered by the FSCS for regulated transactions only. The FSCS is the UK’s statutory Deposit insurance and investors compensation scheme for customers of authorised financial services firms. FSCS exists to protect customers of financial services firms that have failed. If the company you’ve been dealing with has failed and can’t pay claims against it, the FSCS may be used to pay compensation.
You can find out more about FSCS at www.fscs.org.uk